Friday, February 23, 2007

The Elevator Blues

Day 10:

Friday afternoon I went to City of Durham to pick up my W2 since FAFSA's are due March 1, HOORAY! Anyway, while working there last summer, we were advised not to take the elevator on Friday afternoons around 5 pm because if you get stuck, there'll be no one to help you. As I got on the elevator this fated Friday, I thought about that story and laughed...thinking how ironic it'd be if I got stuck, while not working there anymore.

I think you know what happens next.

So I jumped thinking that maybe the elevator would think no one's in there causing the doors to open...then I pressed all the levels so that it would go to one of the other floors before plummeting to the bottom. (A pencil for you who knows what movie that's from.)

So I got the chance to press the call button and then pull the emergency stop, as well as the alarm--but in this case, it was used for an actual purpose other than a dare or something.

I thought this picture would be appropriate. Though I really wanted to take a picture of when the doors opened and the 3 firemen all reached their hands out for me to grab so I could climb up onto the 4th floor while the elevator was stuck between the 3rd and 4th.

Oh, I also didn't get my W2.

No comments: